Coffee means life to many. I definitely cannot function well without my morning cup. But, with all good things there are some bad, and coffee stains are one of them.
First, let’s look at why coffee is SO popular and then how you can target those coffee stains!
This article by True Health and Wellness nails it:
A good cup of dark roasted coffee can resurect me from the pit of any slow day. That shot of caffeine goes surging through my body and magic happens. You feel the creative juices flowing , you suddenly get the motivation to go smash a killer workout , in short the day gets brighter . My fellow coffee drinkers will understand . That glorious cup of caffein does all of this by increasing dopamine levels , speeding up brain activity , releasing adrenaline , and blocking adenosine reception , ( Adenosine slows down the brain making you feel sleepy ) . However we are only scratching the surface . The right cup at the right time may have a plethora more health boosting properties than you thought.
Starting out on my health journey, I cut out sugar, processed carbs and yes ,caffeine. A couple of years later I was researching natural ways to boost my physical and mental performance during swimming training. I found that organic freshly roasted coffee is one of the most cost effective and potent ways to do so. My espresso has now become my super food bomb. By adjusting a few small details, I get the most out of my coffee.
- 8 mg/kg Caffeine will boost your metabolism significantly for up to 3 hours, because it helps you use glucose more efficiently. It also increases fat oxidation in the body, meaning you utilize body fat for energy.
- Caffeine allows you to exercise longer and harder before reaching your fatigue point. This makes caffeine ideal as a Pre-Workout ,alternatively have a cup in the morning to boost mental performance. I have found that a cup of bullet proof coffee gives me a massive boost if I drink it 30 minutes before a workout. I have also tried combining black coffee with dark chocolate before races and it works wonders, it gets you revved up before you get on the blocks.
- Not only is coffee good for getting more out of your body when you exercise. The Journal of Pain also shows that caffeine can reduce muscle soreness by up to 48%, helping you get back to the grind faster.
- You might want to combine your coffee with a meal to increase the thermic effect of food. Meaning your body will utilize more calories to digest the food you eat.
- Further studies have also found coffee consumption to be linked to a lowered risk of developing type two diabetes, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. This could be due to the fact that fresh good quality coffee contains magnesium and chromium helping the body use insulin to control blood sugar levels.
- Caffeine in coffee is also shown to reduce risk of Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimers. As well as Dementia, Liver Cancer, hearth rhythm problems, and Strokes.
- Caffeine amazingly can help alleviate headaches , by constricting blood vessels in the brain. (This is if you suffer from vascular headaches.)
P.S This is where you pause your reading and rush to get a fresh brew immediately.
Always. Always. Use freshly roasted organic coffee beans to consume a living nutritious beverage brimming with antioxidants. Watch this Ted Ed video (here ) on coffee. Asher Yaron explains why you should use freshly roasted coffee beans to upgrade your drink.
As a general rule I wont drink more than one cup a day,(double espresso strength). I prefer to always drink my coffee before a workout, be it in the pool or gym to get the most out of my workouts as advised by author of ” The Warrior Diet” Ori Hofmekler. Find his blog here.
1 cup organic black coffee
1-2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
1-2 teaspoons grass fed butter
Optional sweeteners. Stevia, Erythritol, Xylitol, or Raw Honey.
For my chocolate version add 1-2 teaspoons organic cacao powder. Or add 2-4 blocks of dark chocolate to your cup.
Coffee Banana Smoothie
1 cup iced/cold brewed coffee
2 frozen bananas
1-3 teaspoons raw cocoa
honey/stevia/erythritol to taste, (optional)
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
A couple of ice cubes
Blend everything together and enjoy
- Avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding! Just 2 cups a day can affect a developing fetus’ heart development. Caffeine consumption could lead to decreased heart function during the child’s entire life.
- Avoid over consumption. To much coffee all the time can inhibit the absorption of glutamate,( an exitory neurotransmitter in the brain, if left unabsorbed the glutamate builds up and becomes toxic to nerve cells.)MSG does exactly the same thing and can lead to brain cell death.
- Avoid during adrenal fatigue. If coffee leaves you more fatigued than before you drank it, it may indicate some degree of “burnout”. Try staying off coffee for 2 weeks and see if that helps.
If you are worried about coffee stains, we have a natural solution.
Bleaches has it’s downside such as sensitivity. It also doesn’t mean that your teeth will stay white forever. Why not start now to introduce a natural and organic fix? The Cocobaci Oil Pulling pack will absorb those coffee stains, support dental health and give you a wellness boost.
Get your Cocobaci 15 Day Oil Pulling HERE or contact us, we’d love to help you onto a healthy lifestyle!